Not related at all to the game or group
CMDRDanPos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alex Johnson
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: No Man's Sky

Postby CMDRDanPos » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:44 pm

TorTorden wrote:The game seem more lighthearted than elite and unlike exploration in ED it seem like an actual thing, where in ED it still feels like a mockup feature marked "to be replaced before beta".

Apart from getting your name on a stellar body the only reason to go exploring is the journey and that space is really cool.

No man's sky with the art direction and what I see in the demo I feel more like playing this from the couch.

Space is cool in ED yeah, and it blows my mind how everything is to scale...but it also sucks that everything is to scale. When there's not a lot to actually DO in ED, making the time it takes to get between the things there is to do take forever is a chore.

Don't get me wrong I really love ED, its great but have never shaken the feeling its still in Beta even though it is Version 1.x

Strangely enough I play ED from my couch anyway, I have my keyboard on the arm of the sofa, my mouse on a hard surface next to me and a headset for Voice Attack, with my TV pretty close so its nice and big and immersive...and comfy!

When they release the Xbox One controller UI to the PC version of ED which they have said they will then I will probably just go straight up controller as it plays very nicely on the Xbox One demo :D

CMDRDanPos
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Alex Johnson

Postby CMDRDanPos » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:45 pm

Loriath wrote: I agree. It seems more a sit back style game than an on the edge of your seat. They mentioned trading and combat, but we have seen very little if any of those aspects. I am still very interested in the game and will probably spring for it (on PC as I have no consoles). May be the first game that I can/will actually use my controller for.

While you don't really SEE it in action, Sean Murray explains a little more about how trading all works in this new video http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/07/08/n ... -ign-first

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:55 pm

CMDRDanPos wrote:While you don't really SEE it in action, Sean Murray explains a little more about how trading all works in this new video http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/07/08/n ... -ign-first

Yep already saw that. I am curious though how it will compare in both the battle aspect and the trading. I also noticed in the "18 Minutes" video that at one point he went close to a battle and scooped up loot that was floating there. Kinda like that dynamic.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:35 pm

So has anybody played No Man's Sky yet? I have! :D

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:41 pm

I got it on ps4 and so far its putting ED in a very positive light.

No its not bad, but do not expect anything remotely sim like. And everything seems like its bathed in cotton candy.

It is what it is and it sure has its flaws.
Last edited by TorTorden on Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:44 pm

TorTorden wrote:I got it on ps4 and so far its putting ED in a very positive light.

Well, it's a different game in many respects, but I get what you are saying. I have it on Steam and despite the fact that it's a bit "samey" I am really enjoying it.

It is okay to like space games other than ED you know. Nobody's going to delete your ED account :lol: :D

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:09 am

Myrm wrote:I have it on Steam and despite the fact that it's a bit "samey" I am really enjoying it.

i got the GOG version and i'm also having fun with it, but i need to let go of some of my 'ED-mindedness' and change my approach to some parts, e.g. not having to stockpile every single thing like i would with ED and Engineers

i'm still flying Ecky Knockers (Ekinokaz, the dlc free ship) and have been on the same planet for the past 4 or 5 days trying to 100% the wildlife - i can't find the final animal i need. found loads of multitool and exosuit upgrades here though.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:58 am

My main issue with NMS is they have gone the opposite way of ED's not that option is the right way to go where anything is fucking rare.

In NMS everything is anywhere and it looks so samey everywhere I can't tell two systems apart
There is no map to speak of. Particularly for in system. You just fly blindly and stumble on whatever you want.

There is no looking for shit. You just land randomly on random planet and find anything right at your feet.
And like any totally random game EVERYTHING repeats. Every puzzle every Base.

I have clocked maybe 12 hours and I feel like I have seen everything the game has to offer six times over.
I am having more fun replaying saints row 4 now.

Trading what's the point.
You dock at station, check to see what's above normal in this system, land random on some planet and fill inventory with that, repeat ad nauseum.
And unlike ED neither the walking mechanic shooting mechanics or flight mechanics are remotely interesting enough to keep playing.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

clivewil
Master
Master
CMDR: clivewil + clivus

Postby clivewil » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:14 pm

TorTorden wrote:I am having more fun replaying saints row 4 now.

hardly surprising, i think saints row 4 was the most fun i ever had in any game ever, bar none. saints row 3 comes in a very close second.

---------------------------------
i just managed to find my last elusive creature and got my first 100% discovery milestone, and earned my first million in the process. AND i managed to find a jetpack upgrade schematic too, thank god for that. the last hour was rather productive.

---------------------------------
is FD's game server down? ED won't connect even though i can still open their web site
Last edited by clivewil on Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-- Fly safely, shoot straight, kill quickly, land softly --

Myrm

Postby Myrm » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:17 pm

TorTorden wrote:...There is no looking for shit. You just land randomly on random planet and find anything right at your feet.

What absolute nonsense! Sorry but it is. I am currently on a barren planet looking desperately for zinc and Thamium9. I have wandered around for half an hour, well, just shy of that, and I haven't found it anywhere. On other planets it's in abundance. I'm still looking. All the bases I have been to so far on this planet have had no galactic trade terminals for me to buy the stuff. Oh well, my hunt continues.

Return to “Off-Topic”