Not related at all to the game or group
tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Gamma setting

Postby tinnitus » Thu May 21, 2020 6:20 pm

Google best gamma elite dangerous VR settings and of course many different suggestions. I'm current blown away with mining moreover using the ASPX, amazing flying among the big space rocks I can get lost for hours, good mining asteroids to blow up do not always appear bright yellow even after I think I got the gamma setting correct the game appears to fluctuate in colour then I go mess wit the gamma setting is this fluctuating a transmission thing or is there something else i should adjust? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
john

oh forgot GPU is Geforce RTX 2080
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Re: Gamma setting

Postby TorTorden » Thu May 21, 2020 8:02 pm

It's personal preference and in honestly it also not only depends on what HMD you are using, but will vary even between units of the same type.

Trial and error.

FD has tweaked gamma many times so far, and the most of the comments around it comes from the early CV1 or vive days, and the first few years the scale was way way off for those VR headsets.
This was mostly fixed after a few years.

Personally I find it near criminal when games that offer a gamma curve setting but no settings for brightness or contrast.

As for the roid scanner I'm certain FD has been working to make the good roids stand out less than they used to don't think there is or should be a magic gamma setting that makes these pop more.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

tinnitus
Master
Master
CMDR: Nar Nar Goon
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Gamma setting

Postby tinnitus » Fri May 22, 2020 12:25 am

Thanks Tor, agree roid should not be easy to locate spoil the fun. Weird there are no brightness or contrast adjustment available if they were available there be a little more tinker room. Per your advice it is not bad now I dropped down HMD also backing gamma down to almost off prefer black space including lowering game setting levels may be too much work for the Ryzen 1800x in this rig. Soon to be Ryzen 3950x , RTX gpu, x570 mobo which I purchased from a friend that got a covid lay-off before he finished building a new rig. I was using GTX 1080 before I decided to take the RTX out for a spin while waiting for the other parts to arrive.

Thanks again
Image]

“In real life you never get to say "OMG I died, balls to wall and fly her apart.”

Return to “Off-Topic”