What VR games do you play, other than E-D?

Not related at all to the game or group
DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Re: What VR games do you play, other than E-D?

Postby DarkMere » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:23 am

DarkMere wrote:Star Trek Bridge Crew

Has anyone got this yet? Its currently 52% off the normal price but only for the next few days. I am very tempted but would love a first hand account of what its like.

Just bought it this morning on the last day of the sale, so I will see later when I dive in to boldly go where no man has gone before.

TorTorden
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: TorTorden

Postby TorTorden » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:28 am

DarkMere wrote:
DarkMere wrote:Star Trek Bridge Crew

Has anyone got this yet? Its currently 52% off the normal price but only for the next few days. I am very tempted but would love a first hand account of what its like.

Just bought it this morning on the last day of the sale, so I will see later when I dive in to boldly go where no man has gone before.

And then get ambushed by pirates.

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

DarkMere
Master
Master
CMDR: DarkMere

Postby DarkMere » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:56 am

I am a big fan of Google Earth as I have said before on this thread, and I see that they have added Street Views to it which is welcome, however for me having played with it this morning, it only adds .25 of a star to the application. The actual image is not very sharp, but thats totally excusable given that the street view image is relatively low resolution, and when converted to a 3D view this can't be helped. However the way the street view has been added for me is very cobbled.

The position where you place yourself is very imprecise compared to the browser version, also once in street view you are not able to move as you can in the browser version except for rotating. The actual street view image is in full 3D and not 2D images wrapped around you which is better than I expected. But like I said, the way it has been implemented for me is a big let down.

Return to “Off-Topic”