Questions and suggestions welcome!
JustSomeGuy
Master
Master
CMDR: Murhapuro
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Frontier forums broken?

Postby JustSomeGuy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:10 pm

I tried to post a question to Frontier forums forum support, but could not post at all even if everything seemed to go well. None of the posts ever appeared.

Here's what I tried to post, multiple times with different browsers:
I'm probably missing something obvious here..

So I went to this Elite CG subforum:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisp ... iscussions

Then from "forum tools" I chose "Subscribe to this Forum..." and chose daily updates via email.

Now where can I find these subscribed forums..? If I choose "Quick Links" and "Subscribed Threads", they're not there. Only subscribed threads are there as the name of the link tells us.

Also.. adding an attachments to the forum posts seem to be impossible:

Hard to click "add files" button as there is no such button. Drag & drop did not work either, it only displays the image dragged into the little window. The one attachment that you see has been there for a very long time already.
I tried on (up to date) Firefox and Google Chrome. Anyway.. Imgur still works so as long as I post images only, it's not a big problem.

I guess it is pointless to even ask these things as the official forums won't even work.

Whoever is running elitepve.com forums, you are doing great job. Never had such problems in here.
I play on PC, in the Mobius PVE Eurasia group.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath

Re: Frontier forums broken?

Postby Loriath » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:28 pm

They don't allow attachments anymore. You have to host your images elsewhere. Say imgur or similar. The remove that ability a Long Time ago because people were killing their database by posting them there and hotlinking everywhere.

The Subscribe to forums I have never tried. I do make use of subscribe to threads. Have you tried to set it other than daily digest? Maybe that is borked. Instead of posting with pics, head to the Forum Support section and post it there. Brett is really good at responding.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisp ... p-Feedback

I just tried it and it shows up in my settings page where it shows all the other threads I have subscribed to, so it is working, but the email part may be buggered.
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:31 pm

I just tried the email subscription (Daily Digest) and it did work as far as adding it to the subscription section. Click Settings at the top of the page for your subscriptions and see if it is there.

Not sure about if it would email it to me or not.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master

Postby JustSomeGuy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:11 pm

Loriath wrote:They don't allow attachments anymore. You have to host your images elsewhere. Say imgur or similar. The remove that ability a Long Time ago because people were killing their database by posting them there and hotlinking everywhere.

Ok, makes sense.

Loriath wrote:The Subscribe to forums I have never tried. I do make use of subscribe to threads. Have you tried to set it other than daily digest? Maybe that is borked. Instead of posting with pics, head to the Forum Support section and post it there. Brett is really good at responding.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisp ... p-Feedback

I just tried it and it shows up in my settings page where it shows all the other threads I have subscribed to, so it is working, but the email part may be buggered.

"Forum Support & Feedback" was the place I tried to post my question without success. That was with imgur pictures linked. I'll try a test post somewhere without any linked pics to see if that was it.

Loriath wrote:I just tried the email subscription (Daily Digest) and it did work as far as adding it to the subscription section. Click Settings at the top of the page for your subscriptions and see if it is there.

Not sure about if it would email it to me or not.

I tried subscribing to a forum again, and this time I can see the subscriptions when I click Settings. But they are not visible under the subscriptions. Subscribing with daily/weekly/no email notifications made no difference.

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master

Postby JustSomeGuy » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:40 pm

Right.. Test completed. I can make a new thread to "Elite Dangerous support" forum, but I cannot create a thread to "Forum Support & Feedback".

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous

Postby Loriath » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:38 pm

JustSomeGuy wrote:Right.. Test completed. I can make a new thread to "Elite Dangerous support" forum, but I cannot create a thread to "Forum Support & Feedback".

Send a PM to Brett C.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~

JustSomeGuy
Master
Master

Postby JustSomeGuy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:51 pm

Brett might have done something since couple of posts have now appeared on the forums. Maybe there was something wrong with my forum account.

Return to “Forum Support and Suggestions”