Master
Master
CMDR: Falcon Darkstar
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Forum General Discussions vs Mobius PvE group members general discussions

Postby Falcon_D » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:07 am

Hello,
Have 2 questions:
1. What is the difference between Forum General Discussions and Mobius PvE group members general discussions? I'd always assumed that elitepve.com was the Mobius group forum.
2. If someone gets kicked out of the Mobius group can they still post on the Forums?

Thanks.
Have fun, fly safe.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Re: Forum General Discussions vs Mobius PvE group members general discussions

Postby Loriath » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:10 am

One is General discussions about the Game, and the other is for General discussion about the Group.

Sorta Redundant as they all seem to go in one :
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Falcon_D
Master
Master

Postby Falcon_D » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:27 am

Loriath wrote:One is General discussions about the Game, and the other is for General discussion about the Group.

Thanks Loriath.
I asked cause I was actually more interested in the second question.
Had a thought that if a person is banned from the group then they can't post in the member's section but can still post in the General section.

Have fun, fly safe.

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:29 am

The main difference is that in order to see the forums in the members section (including the "members general discussion" there) you have to be registered on the site. Non registered vistors and bots do not see them.

That is why there is a separate "general discussion" forum there. We can change the name, if people would prefer that to avoid confusion. For example, we could just leave out the word general and call it "Members discussion" or something completely different.

We are alway open to suggestions.

AndyB
Master
Master
CMDR: Andy Bulman

Postby AndyB » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:37 am

Falcon_D wrote:
Loriath wrote:One is General discussions about the Game, and the other is for General discussion about the Group.

Thanks Loriath.
I asked cause I was actually more interested in the second question.
Had a thought that if a person is banned from the group then they can't post in the member's section but can still post in the General section.

Have fun, fly safe.

i'm fairly new to the team but my understanding is that the moderation policy is to keep mod actions separate for each channel of the group, if you are kicked out of the in game group for breaking the rules you would still be permitted on the forums until such time as you broke the forum rules, the same goes for the facebook group although we do restrict membership to members of the in game group on first joining and if someone states that they have no intention to join us in game they will be removed.

this is in part to ensure that anyone removed from the in game group still has a channel open to appeal their removal if an error has been made.
Combat: Elite Trade: Elite Exploration: Elite

Mobius PvE Group Facebook Admin,
Mobius PvE Group Forum Moderator,
Mobius PvE Lead Admin,
Mobius PvE America Lead Admin,
Mobius Factions Assistant Admin,
Mobius PvE Eurasia Assistant Admin,

Wolf
Master
Master
CMDR: Dexter Wolf

Postby Wolf » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:11 am

AndyB wrote:i'm fairly new to the team but my understanding is that the moderation policy is to keep mod actions separate for each channel of the group, if you are kicked out of the in game group for breaking the rules you would still be permitted on the forums until such time as you broke the forum rules, the same goes for the facebook group although we do restrict membership to members of the in game group on first joining and if someone states that they have no intention to join us in game they will be removed.

this is in part to ensure that anyone removed from the in game group still has a channel open to appeal their removal if an error has been made.

Spot on!

IronDuke
Competent
Competent
CMDR: Iron Duke

Postby IronDuke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:28 pm

Wolf wrote:
AndyB wrote:i'm fairly new to the team but my understanding is that the moderation policy is to keep mod actions separate for each channel of the group, if you are kicked out of the in game group for breaking the rules you would still be permitted on the forums until such time as you broke the forum rules, the same goes for the facebook group although we do restrict membership to members of the in game group on first joining and if someone states that they have no intention to join us in game they will be removed.

Spot on!

A fair policy.
Distant Worlds Expedition 3302 | 65000 LY From SOL Club

Walter
Master
Master
CMDR: Walter Wall

Postby Walter » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:46 pm

I suggest that the General News and Orders thread (at least) should be moved to the private area, especially if the distinction between the two sections can be made clearer. Plans and activities shouldn't really be in the public domain. As long as everyone knows that a commander has to log into the site to find out what's going on - perhaps a sticky message on the main menu would be adequate.

Falcon_D
Master
Master

Postby Falcon_D » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:44 am

Hello,
Thanks for the replies. Just wanted to know as I saw a post by a CMDR who I thought was banned from the group in game. And who seemed quiet proud of that fact... Lol.

Regards,
Have fun, fly safe.

Cmdr Kharma
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Kharma

Postby Cmdr Kharma » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Walter wrote:

I suggest that the General News and Orders thread (at least) should be moved to the private area, especially if the distinction between the two sections can be made clearer. Plans and activities shouldn't really be in the public domain. As long as everyone knows that a commander has to log into the site to find out what's going on - perhaps a sticky message on the main menu would be adequate.

In what The Order is trying to do...I totally agree...It should NOT be common knowledge for every forum member to see.......

Makes The Order an easy target to work against......

BUT.....Stumbling block for me Is...... I am not a member of The Order.....Just help out.....

So there would have to be something in place that I can look at to see what I'm supposed to be doing when I do help.....

If you see what I mean.....

But The Orders plans really should not be there for everyone to view.....

Tor.....Hold on.......Tor.......Wait a bit.....TOR will you stop fecking firing.......Ok......Tor I know a therapist that can help you....... :D My Cmdr also has small feet

Return to “Forum Support and Suggestions”