EradicationGod
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: EradicationGod
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

A more complete Tools Menu on the Forum

Postby EradicationGod » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:12 am

Hello fellow CMDR's,

After a little while spent on this awesome Forum, it caught my eye that the Tools Menu at the right-top corner is only showing Inara as a tool.
Personally I would think it would be handy, especially for new members to find more tools in there.

Would it be possible to fill the Menu up with links to other tools like for example EDMC, EDDI, EDSM etc...
Perhaps link to CMDR Exigeous' youtube video of the 15 'most common and best to use' tools/apps for E:D.

This way, we could offer a better starting point for new members to quickly settle into the known universe, while also helping those databases, a more accurate and quicker means to update. Killing two flies with one stone, or is it birds in the English expression? ;-)

Greetings
CMDR EradicationGod

Greetz from the Netherrealms... :evil:

EradicationGod
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: EradicationGod

Re: A more complete Tools Menu on the Forum

Postby EradicationGod » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:13 am

Fellow CMDR's

Apparently not many people care about this subject, 57 views and not a single response.

I was hoping to make this a better starting point for newcomers, as this is usually among the first things newcomers (like myself) do.
Buy and install E:D, then find Mobius as a PVE group, apply to Mobius and then start playing, thinking nothing could go wrong because the PVP element is virtually gone. But there is so much more to E:D, then just fly around and do missions....

Anyway, forget I brought it up, and as always, fly save....
CMDR EradicationGod

Greetz from the Netherrealms... :evil:

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:04 am

Well, it's only been 3 days CMDR :)
Some of us have work to (ugh!) get back to and such like ;)

Actually, I think I started working on the tools menu, but I hit a roadblock.. I actually do not think I have enough access to edit or change the tools menu and put things in the LINKS drop down instead.. It's been a couple of years.
Something about it not actually being a 'page' that I can edit.. I'll remember after coffee... and dinner... and beer... maybe. o7

Saberius
Admin
Admin
CMDR: SABERIUS

Postby Saberius » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:08 am

Ah yes, I was right.

LINKS is a page, that I can play with and put pretty HTML in.. but TOOLS.. for some oddball reason, I can't edit, unless I can get to the server source pages.. (which they don't let me do) :)

SockFiddler
Competent
Competent
CMDR: SockFiddler
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

Postby SockFiddler » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:35 pm

But you've had lots of people offer lots of advice, links and resources, as does anyone who asks for it on these boards. Surely a personalised response with links specific to your question is superior to an impersonal drop-down menu?

Sure, might take three whole days to get a reply sometimes, but there's loads of resources available to Mobius members in the Discord, too.

And people who might find your impatience appealing.
"Drink fast, die young"

"You may ask who was wearing the bow tie; me or the shark. The answer is: YES."

Return to “Forum Support and Suggestions”