Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång
CMDR_Platform: None Specified

The Imperial Eagle Loadout Thread

Postby uvelius » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:49 am

imp_eagle_frontside_kl.jpg
imp_eagle_frontside_kl.jpg (88.42 KiB) Viewed 16509 times

I fetched an Imperial Eagle at lunch break and boy, I am impressed. Just the sounds ... whoa. These sounds! The whistling of wind under your wings, impressive. Yes baby, a beast to fall in love again. And no, the Freagle will not be neglected either. They are both of the same stock. Just this one is the stronger, cooler sister (as birds often go: females are bigger).
No idea yet how it behaves in combat, but the feeling is superb i must say.

Weapons
1x C2 (beak) 2x C1 (talons).
I sported the standard beak-and-talons layout, C2 Beam and 2x C1 MC.
Shields
Take ages to recharge, might be due to the 1.4 update though.
Power handling
At completely A-specced loadout: Interestingly, no power issues at all. No power assignments required. Wow.
Temperature
Just as interesting: Beam and MCs firing continuously for a long time warm the bird just up to working temperature. Cool bird.
Top speed
Basic: 310 (!)
Boost: 404 (thats one fast flutterer!)
Both might be even higher when grading modules down to flight-optimized D.
Jump range
15 ly, which is really not that bad considering the loadout.

Where I got one (8 oct 2015):
HIP 20277

Some impressions (yes I forgot to switch the damn lights on):
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by uvelius on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:23 pm, edited 11 times in total.

TorTorden
Deadly
Deadly
CMDR: TorTorden

Re: The Imperial Eagle Loadout Thread

Postby TorTorden » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:52 am

Completely forgot about this one.
Will need to find one then.

I do have a 300 mil wallet balance and I guess that should suffice ;p

Hey I'm Thor -
People call me Bob.

Rule 1: Pillage. Then burn.
Rule 2: No such thing as overkill, as long as there are reloads.

Loriath
Dangerous
Dangerous
CMDR: Loriath
CMDR_Platform: PC-MAC

Postby Loriath » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:12 pm

I picked one up last night. A Spec Thrusters, Power, FSD, Shields, and Distributor (D for Life support and Sensors). I tossed 3 burst turrets on it and a Chaff Stick.

A little later as I was searching for a Larger Fuel Scoop, and a Master rated Dropship decided I needed to hand over my lunch money since I had no cargo Racks. Well, lets just say if the Coppers had not have shown up and this guy decided to flee, he would have been dead. Had him down to 13% hull and my shields were never in danger of dropping. He turned and bucked it when the coppers showed up and threatened to shoot him with donuts and coffee. If I could have mass locked him a little more, he would have been done.

My Top speed on Boost is 426 with 4 pips in Engines. And the sound. Oh the Glorious Sound! Nothing like an Imperial ships sound. It sounds like an Imperial Harley Davidson. Not like the dull Potato Potato of something like a Heritage or Dresser, no. This is most definitely the Screaming Eagle Stage 3 V-Rod. It has that low down boom that just punches you.

Yes, compared to the Regular Eagle, you loose some of the manoeuvrability, but it's a huge trade off for the speed and the fact that the imperials replaced all the Spit and Paper the Eagle was made out of with something a whole heck of a lot better.

The Courier, it's bigger brother, it sounds like a big bore Ducati running full tilt!. They are related.

Pros: Quick, Not made of Paper, No Power Issues, Punches above its class. And the SOUND!

Cons: Would be better with the small hard points on the nacelles (like the Courier) or on top, A Lot of reflection in the cockpit with the default HUD colours, Only one utility slot.

Neutrals but remember: For a small ship its momentum carries on too much (slowing down from full boost takes time if you hotrod it into the mail slot).
My Commander has Small Feet
"You're doing it wrong". No, we are having Fun OUR way.
~-~The A-Team Board ~-~
12 year olds tearing around the woods on dirt bikes have LESS FUN than we do!

Cmdr Space Madness
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless
CMDR: Space Madness

Postby Cmdr Space Madness » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:15 pm

I want one
Hurtling through the cosmos in another turgid episode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGsP8soCrSE

Verz
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Verz

Postby Verz » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:09 am

I am absolutely loving the new Eagle. Everything is A rated and used 3 Gimballed pulse lasers. Sacrificed the basic discovery scanner for an SCB and put a chaff on the utility point.

All of this and not even overloading the power plant at all. Great little ship!!

Arbalest9
Novice
Novice
CMDR: Aleste Strahl

Postby Arbalest9 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:21 am

For mine..

pulse lasers are the way to go... beam lasers build too much heat
shield boosters A
shield generator A
hull package D
fuel scoop/discovery scanner

:)

uvelius
Master
Master
CMDR: Uvelius Sång

Postby uvelius » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:11 am

This loadout looks fun. This is one hot bird indeed: C2 PA and 2x C1 G Beams. AND a SCB.
http://coriolis.io/outfit/imperial_eagl ... ==?bn=Gnat

Source: Ooh, iEagle I love you

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:30 pm

You beat me too it, Uvelius :D

I love that build, actually. She runs a little hot, yes, but not as bad as I had suspected she would before I tested her in a few Hi-RES. As long as you're not too trigger happy and trying to fire everything at the same time, all the time, she does just fine.

And, for her size, she packs a surprising punch.

Crumpeteater
Harmless
Harmless
CMDR: Crumpeteater

Postby Crumpeteater » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:02 am

I am trying to copy this guy who can bring down FDL cmdrs in PVP - with a Stealth Imperial Eagle!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOHyaE8lX-o

This is how I tried to achieve what he does (maybe a slight slight difference?):
- you don't install shields you instead put hull upgrades
- make 2 identical fire groups with all weapons (the beam is 1 and the torps are both 2)
- the medium point is a beam turret (which you turn off by having a key bind for next fire group)
- the 2 lower small hard points are torpedoes which you dual fire (you will see about 3/4 way in the video the key point when the torpedoes slam into the FDL)
- when firing the beam you must turn silent running off just before (you don't have silent running and use the beam at the same time)
- when head on you don't fire so (1) next fire group to turn off beam turret, (2) choose silent running
- when behind you do fire so (1) turn off silent running, (2) fire beam
- when opponent is about 70% hull fire torpedos (both at the same time)
- he tries to maintain a fair distance so the silent running works (I tend to boost to get behind)

It is not easy and I can do FAOff turns fairly well with up thrusters but not the flying backwards he does etc

Any thoughts on this????

UnmarkedBoxcar
Master
Master
CMDR: UnmarkedBoxcar

Postby UnmarkedBoxcar » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:37 am

PvP builds have always been a bit interesting to me, because a lot of them are focused around killing one target very quickly. That's why so many of them have torpedoes, etc...

This doesn't translate quite as well over to PvE, if you ask me, because without the 'need' to square off against CMDR pilots, there is less pressure to install a "kill button". I, for instance, have never run any build involving Torpedoes, as the lack of ammunition is just silly for what I do (Bounty Hunting :D)

Silent running is also a very fun/interesting tactic...but I'm not sure as to it's effectiveness against NPC's? Anyone tested it?

Return to “General Discussion”